Weekly Post, February 13, 2011
Post date: Feb 13, 2011 9:37:15 PM
Spring Break Trip to Mesa Verde and Moab, Mar 26 – 31 2011. Start talking about it with your families. Details on the website calendar. We’ll start signup soon. Still need a HALO.
6 more spaces available for the Boundary Water Trip. Please see the previous information on the topic:
Webelos Crossovers. We have two sets of crossovers for Webelos joining our troop. I will expect everyone who came from these packs to attend. Please let Mr. Kerber (email@example.com) know your plans to attend.
- Pack 50, Evergreen High School, Thursday Feb 17 6:00 – 8:00pm (cafeteria); and
- Pack 39: Tuesday Feb 22, 7:30 pm Thursday (Sanctuary Room of the Conference Baptist Church 27154 North Turkey Creek Road, Evergreen).
February 14, 2011. 6:30, ELC. Three things going on:
1) Order of the Arrow Elections. WE NEED FULL ATTENDANCE by requirement for the elections to be held. This is a critical event for our troop. The Order of the Arrow (OA) is Scouting’s National Honor Society. The fourfold purpose of the OA is:
- To recognize those campers – Scouts and Scouters – who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives, and by such recognition cause other campers to conduct themselves in such manner as to warrant recognition.
- To develop and maintain camping traditions and spirit.
- To promote Scout camping, which reaches its greatest effectiveness as a part of the unit’s camping program, both year-round and in the summer camp, as directed by the camping committee of the council.
- To crystallize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others.
You will need to dress warmly – the ceremony is outside. We will also have some cub scouts visiting, so find them and explain what this is all about.
2) Klondike Campout Prep. Those attending will need to meet with Mr. Riley and Mr. Daub to arrange for food, transportation, and other logistical matters. I'll send out a separate email on the preparations.
3) Arron H. will be presenting his Eagle Project to the troop.
February 18-20, 2011. Timberline District Klondike Derby Winter Campout. Mr. Riley is the HALO. Signup is closed and we are registered. This is a great event held every year by the Timberline District which brings together troops from across the district to camp and complete. This year it is being held at Camp Tahosa in the Indian Peaks Wilderness, the crown jewel facility of the Denver Area Council.
February 21, 2011. 6:30, ELC. Patrol Leaders Council. Please show up prepared to plan.
February 26/27, 2011. Saturday/Sunday. Oceanography Merit Badge. HALO is Mrs. Henderson. Closed. See all the emails on the subject.
February 28, 2011. 6:30, ELC. Troop Elections. Deadline for quinzee signups, Quinzee campout prep.
March 5-6. Quinzee Campout, Camp Tahosa, Ward, Colorado. HALO is Mr. Trower. This campout involves building quinzees and camping in them for one night. In addition, this year we have reserved three cabins for Saturday night, March 5th. Each cabin has room for 6. We figured at least 10 new scouts, split between two cabins, and about 4 new parents, in other cabin, with extra room in each if needed. We will drive up Saturday morning and build quinzees during the day, older scouts sleep in quinzees Sat. night and the rest in the three cabins. This is a date change from the 12th to the 5th, moving the event one week ahead.
March 7, 2011. 6:30, ELC. Advancement and Parent Meeting. We will be having a meeting for the parents of all first year scouts in the Stealth and Serpent patrols. Please plan on attending. That includes Rich, Catterson, Harrington, Anderson, Askins, Jones, Thompson, Parrish, Wilkinson, Fitzgerald, Luce and Carman.
March 12, 2011. 8:30 - 6:30, ELC, Lower Fellowship Hall. New Scout and Parent Orientation. Required for all new scouts and parents. During this training, we will give a crash course in Boy Scouts and Troop 737. Lunch and dinner will be served.