Weekly Post, Week of November 04, 2012
Post date: Nov 4, 2012 10:03:11 PM
Greetings Troop 737! I was not at the winter camp training and have not had a report on how it went. I am sure it was educational for all. I am also happy to report that the Conifer High Lobo Regimen finished fourth in the state of Colorado in 4A marching band competition. This is a phenomenal accomplishment and our scouts that participated in band should be congratulated for this high honor.
We have a busy week coming up, so please make sure to read below. We have a troop meeting on Monday where Mr. Ballantyne will explain about another high adventure trip this summer to boundary waters. This presentation is for scouts and adults, so I highly recommend everyone plan on attending. There are more details below and I will also send another email with the same information so we don’t miss anyone. Mr. B., plenty of slides please, especially on how the even the scoutmaster will be able to finally catch lots of fish!!!!!!
Second event this week is the ASM/HALO and Committee meeting on Thursday evening. This too will be a busy night as we have numerous activities to plan for the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013. Please see below for the agenda.
Finally, Friday evening, we depart for our first Winter Campout of the year and it looks like we might be in for a little winter weather on this one also. Please see details below on what we will be trying to do, weather permitting.
Upcoming Signup Deadlines (see below for details):
· Monday, November 5th; last day to sign up for the November Campout to Pawnee National Grasslands on November 9 – 11th.
· Monday November 26th, last night to sign up for Golden Rec. Center Lock-in. You don’t want to miss this one!!!!
· December 3rd; last day to sign up for Okpik, however, if you wait this long, you might not be able to go because we have to sign up for additional slots soon. We have already registered ten scout spots and two adults. If you are interested, and we need more reservations, we will have to know before Dec 3rd.
The service patrol for October is the Nuclear Flaming Eagles Patrol!! All members of the Falcons Patrol should be inside our meeting room no later than 6:15 to help set up for the meeting.
Please read below for details on upcoming events, and always stay current with our Troop Calendar on the web site. This is the best way to have the most current information.
Upcoming Activities and Sign up & Payment Deadlines:
Troop Meeting – Boundary Waters Presentation by Mr. Ballantyne & Campout Prep – Monday, November 5th @ 6:30 to 8:15 PM at ELC:
· Remember, if you are a member of the NFE Patrol, it is your turn to be service patrol for this month. You need to show up no later than 6:15 PM to set the room up for the meeting, and stay about 15 minutes late to clean up.
· Regular Troop Meeting
· Mr. Ballantyne will make a presentation about a Boundary Waters High Adventure Trip he is trying to organize for this summer. This is a must see presentation about one of the three high adventure panicles in scouting. He will discuss the trip logistics, the float, costs etc. This will also be a chance to ask those “parent” questions we all have about trips like this.
· We will have a campout preparation session for the upcoming trip to Pawnee National Grasslands. Anyone coming on this trip should plan on attending.
· Your Senior Patrol Leader will also take some time to discuss some troop items, like a report on the Winter Camp training.
· Finally, there will be a physical Activity segment of this meeting so you can all unwind.
SM & ASM & HALOs for Upcoming Events Meeting/Committee Meeting – November 8, @ 6:30 PM at ELC:
· The ASM meeting starts at 6:30 PM and the committee meeting starts at 7:15 PM.
· This is going to be a very important meeting to discuss several items:
o Pawnee National Grasslands Campout
o Policy on missed winter camp training
o Calendar review
o Golden Rec. Center Lock in – Signup and WEBELOS, need to talk cost!!
o Ski Trips: Winter Break Ski Day and Feb Loveland Day Trip.
o Mystery Campout
o HALO’s – need to pick some HALOs for upcoming events so that we have coverage.
Pawnee National Grassland Winter Campout – November 9 - 11:
· HALO: Mr. Snyder and Mr. Catterson
· Winter Camp Training is required for by all participants of this campout, no exceptions.
· Cost is $20.
· Activities will include;
o A five mile hike to the top of both of the Pawnee Buttes.
o Working on several merit badges. Astronomy, Nature and/or others.
o Patrol cooking contest. We will have several categories for our evening meal. We will discuss the details of the contest at the Campout Prep on November 5th.
o This is also a good campout to work on trail to first class.
· Unfortunately, campfires will not be allowed, so we will plan a campfire program using a fake fire of some sort, like a lantern. We will perform skits, run-ons and stories. Please come prepared.
· More details to come.