Weekly Post, Week of May 20, 2012
Post date: May 20, 2012 11:11:33 PM
Greetings Troop 737! The last Court of Honor and regular troop meeting of the school year is tomorrow evening at ELC. The location is the outside worship area north of the church house. All scouts and parents are strongly encouraged to attend.
Mrs. Riley informs me that she has not received much of the expense receipts from the New Scout Campout. If you have a receipt for the purchase of food, etc. Please be sure to submit it ASAP so that she can close out the campout.
Also note that final payment deadline for Peaceful Valley summer camp is past due. If you have not made your final payment, please make sure that you make that payment soon. On May 31st, the troop will have no choice but to drop those scouts who have not made final payment. We can always add scouts back in after that, but in order to not lose money, we will have to make these drops. If a scout is dropped, he will lose their merit badge slots.
I have also been told that there are a few scouts that still have not given Mr. Stalter their merit badge choices. Be sure to do so ASAP, merit badges are filling up!
The service patrols for April will be the Autobots & Falcons & Sharks!! The Autobots are going to teach the Falcons and Sharks what being service patrol means. All members of these Patrols should be inside our meeting room no later than 6:15 to help set up for the meeting.
Please read below for details on upcoming events, and always stay current with our Troop Calendar on the web site. This is the best way to have the most current information.
Upcoming Activities and Sign up & Payment Deadlines:
Court of Honor; May 21, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· HALO: Mrs. Borns
· Theme will be Medieval Times.
· MCs are: Mitch Hoffman, Mason Force and Seth Barber
· Show time for the MCs and Service Patrols: Autobots, Falcons and Sharks is no later than 6 PM.
We will have our Court outside in the outdoor worship area on the north side of the church house.
· As planned at your last patrol meeting, patrols are purchasing the following food:
o Autobots: Cheese Puffs
o Falcon: Pie
o Panthers: Jerky
o Sharks: Fruit
o NFE: Cured Meats
o Flaming Arrows: Dry Ice
o Titans: French Bread
o Serpents: Pie
o Stags: Drinks – Ginger Ale and Root Beer
Personal Fitness Merit Badge – is still ongoing, March through May ELC
· HALO: Mrs. Roche
· Final date: Thursday May 31th @ 7:00 PM – REQUIRED! Final testing and requirement # 8.
Annual Scout Planning Meeting; Tentatively June 2, 2012:
· This is your chance to plan what activities we will do as a troop next year. The PLC would like each scout to come prepared with six suggestions for the troop. If you want a say in what this troop will do for the entire 2012-2013 program year, you need to participate.
· Save this morning. We are still working out the location and details, but we want to hold our planning meeting earlier this year due to Philmont.
· We will have more details very soon!
Peaceful Valley Parent’s only Meeting; June 4, 2012, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· This parent’s only meeting is designed to let parents know what summer camp is like, and how Troop 737 conducts a summer camp trip. This is your chance to get a lot of valuable information about peaceful Valley and summer camp and to ask any questions you might have. You will not want to miss this meeting.
· Please note that this meeting is parents only so that we can talk privately about some important and sometimes candid health and safety issues; please do not bring scouts and siblings.
Peaceful Valley Parent’s and Scout’s Meeting; June 11, 2012, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· This meeting is to let scouts know what to expect on departure day and at camp. We will let you know about banking your spending money, what to pack, and what else to expect on this adventure. Please plan on participating in the meeting.
Philmont Crews; June 12 through June 24.
· Final preparations and practice Hikes are being made.
Peaceful Valley Summer Camp; July 08 to 14, 2012:
· HALOs: Steve Stalter and Allan McCabe
· Final payment deadline for Peaceful Valley summer camp is past due. If you have not made your final payment, please make sure that you make that payment soon. On May 31st, the troop will have no choice but to drop those scouts who have not made final payment. We can always add scouts back in after that, but in order to not lose money, we will have to make these drops. If a scout is dropped, he will lose his merit badge slots.
· I have also been told that there are a few scouts that still have not given Mr. Stalter their merit badge choices. Be sure to do so ASAP, merit badges are filling up!
As always, please read the troop web site, especially the calendar, for the most current information on all upcoming and scheduled events.