Weekly Post, Week of May 13, 2012
Post date: May 13, 2012 4:14:02 PM
Greetings Troop 737! Happy Mother’s day to all our Scout Moms!
We are really winding down the program year at Troop 737. We have one regular meeting left, followed by our final Court of Honor on May 21st. We will have our annual planning meeting on the 19th, and two Peaceful Valley Summer Camp Meetings in early June. Besides these events and our two summer camps, our program will take a short break until August when we start up again with another school and program year. Make sure to read below and check the calendar for information about our last meetings and activities.
This week’s meeting will take place mostly outside; scouts need to bring a flashlight and a jacket appropriate for the weather tomorrow.
New Scouts: If you have completed all requirements for your Scout and Tenderfoot Ranks, and have not received them yet, make sure you see Mr. Riley so he can get your information entered into the computer. If you don’t do this, you will not get your Scout and Tenderfoot Badges at next week’s Court of Honor. Also, if you have not received your Scout Badge, please see me so we can get you finished this week!
Mrs. Riley informs me that she has not received much of the expense receipts from the New Scout Campout. If you have a receipt for the purchase of food, etc. Please be sure to submit it ASAP so that she can close out the campout.
Also note that final payment deadline for Peaceful Valley summer camp is past due. If you have not made your final payment, please make sure that you make that payment soon. On May 31st, the troop will have no choice but to drop those scouts who have not made final payment. We can always add scouts back in after that, but in order to not lose money, we will have to make these drops. If a scout is dropped, he will lose their merit badge slots.
I have also been told that there are a few scouts that still have not given Mr. Stalter their merit badge choices. Be sure to do so ASAP, merit badges are filling up!
If you don’t have a Class B Tee Shirt, please make sure to purchase one. We will need to wear our Class B Tee Shirts at Summer Camp so don’t forget to purchase it on May 14th, our last uniform sale day of the year.
Mrs. Force will have the uniforms out at this week’s meeting May 14th for the final time this year.
The service patrols for April will be the Autobots & Falcons & Sharks!! The Autobots are going to teach the Falcons and Sharks what being service patrol means. All members of these Patrols should be inside our meeting room no later than 6:15 to help set up for the meeting.
Please read below for details on upcoming events, and always stay current with our Troop Calendar on the web site. This is the best way to have the most current information.
Upcoming Activities and Sign up & Payment Deadlines:
Troop Meeting – Patrol meetings/COH Prep & Emergency Preparedness; May 14, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· We will have patrol meetings where each patrol will be assigned food to purchase for the Court of Honor on the 21st, and then assign each patrol member.
· The troop meeting will then move outside for an Emergency Preparedness Search and Rescue exercise that can be used for an EPrep. Merit Badge Requirement. All scouts should have a flashlight and jacket as needed.
Annual Scout Planning Meeting; May 19, 2012:
· This is your chance to plan what activities we will do as a troop next year. The PLC would like each scout to come prepared with six suggestions for the troop. If you want a say in what this troop will do for the entire 2012-2013 program year, you need to participate.
· Save this morning. We are still working out the location and details, but we want to hold our planning meeting earlier this year due to Philmont.
· We will have more details very soon!
Court of Honor; May 21, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· HALO: Mrs. Borns
· Theme will be Medieval Times.
· MCs are: Mitch Hoffman, Mason Force and Seth Barber
· We will have our Court outside in the outdoor worship area on the north side of the church house.
· Other details are still being worked on.
Personal Fitness Merit Badge – is still ongoing, March through May ELC
· HALO: Mrs. Roche
· Here is the schedule, these dates are also on the calendar:
o Friday May 25th @ 7:00 PM – REQUIRED! Final testing and requirement # 8.
Peaceful Valley Parent’s only Meeting; June 4, 2012, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· This parent’s only meeting is designed to let parents know what summer camp is like, and how Troop 737 conducts a summer camp trip. This is your chance to get a lot of valuable information about peaceful Valley and summer camp and to ask any questions you might have. You will not want to miss this meeting.
· Please note that this meeting is parents only so that we can talk privately about some important and sometimes candid health and safety issues; please do not bring scouts and siblings.
Peaceful Valley Parent’s and Scout’s Meeting; June 11, 2012, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· This meeting is to let scouts know what to expect on departure day and at camp. We will let you know about banking your spending money, what to pack, and what else to expect on this adventure. Please plan on participating in the meeting.
Philmont Crews; June 12 through June 24.
· Final preparations and practice Hikes are being made.
Peaceful Valley Summer Camp; July 08 to 14, 2012:
· HALOs: Steve Stalter and Allan McCabe
· Final payment deadline for Peaceful Valley summer camp is past due. If you have not made your final payment, please make sure that you make that payment soon. On May 31st, the troop will have no choice but to drop those scouts who have not made final payment. We can always add scouts back in after that, but in order to not lose money, we will have to make these drops. If a scout is dropped, he will lose his merit badge slots.
· I have also been told that there are a few scouts that still have not given Mr. Stalter their merit badge choices. Be sure to do so ASAP, merit badges are filling up!
As always, please read the troop web site, especially the calendar, for the most current information on all upcoming and scheduled events.