Weekly Post, Week of June 3, 2012
Post date: Jun 3, 2012 9:23:37 PM
Greetings Troop 737! We had a very successful planning meeting. Much of the results are on the calendar already and I will be adding the other activities over the summer. The troop voted on three summer adventures for 2013; Summer Camp in Idaho, Boundary Waters High Adventure (Mr. B, you know what to do!) and Sea Base which has already started with planning and payments. The year is filled with some interesting new activities and some old standards. Please stay tuned as I post the rest of these on the calendar.
We are down to our last two activities of the program year, Philmont and Peaceful Valley. The Philmont crews are just about set to go in a little over a week, and final planning is happening for Peaceful Valley. Please read below on our last few meetings to get ready for summer camp.
Upcoming Activities and Sign up & Payment Deadlines:
Peaceful Valley Parent’s only Meeting; June 4, 2012, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· This parent’s only meeting is designed to let parents know what summer camp is like, and how Troop 737 conducts a summer camp trip. This is your chance to get a lot of valuable information about peaceful Valley and summer camp and to ask any questions you might have. You will not want to miss this meeting.
· Please note that this meeting is parents only so that we can talk privately about some important and sometimes candid health and safety issues; please do not bring scouts and siblings.
Peaceful Valley Parent’s and Scout Meeting; (DATE MAY CHANGE) June 11, 2012, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· This meeting is to let scouts know what to expect on departure day and at camp. We will let you know about banking your spending money, what to pack, and what else to expect on this adventure. Please plan on participating in the meeting.
Philmont Crews; June 12 through June 24.
· Final preparations and practice Hikes are being made.
Peaceful Valley Summer Camp; July 08 to 14, 2012:
· HALOs: Steve Stalter and Allan McCabe
· Final payment deadline for Peaceful Valley summer camp is past due. If you have not made your final payment, please make sure that you make that payment soon. On May 31st, the troop will have no choice but to drop those scouts who have not made final payment. We can always add scouts back in after that, but in order to not lose money, we will have to make these drops. If a scout is dropped, he will lose his merit badge slots.
· I have also been told that there are a few scouts that still have not given Mr. Stalter their merit badge choices. Be sure to do so ASAP, merit badges are filling up!
As always, please read the troop web site, especially the calendar, for the most current information on all upcoming and scheduled events.