Weekly Post, Week of January 26, 2013
Post date: Jan 26, 2013 5:04:37 PM
Greetings Troop 737! As I write this I am wondering how the Mystery Campout is going. They should be on their second or third activity by now. I want to thank the HALOs and parents that volunteered for this event. I am sure I will hear about it later this evening when I pick Mitch up at the church.
Upcoming Signup Deadlines (see below for details):
· Re-charter – Deadline already past.
· Ski Day at Loveland – Signup Deadline February 4th
· Timberline District Klondike – Signup Deadline February 11th
The service patrol for January is the Flaming Arrows!! All members of the TBD Patrol should be inside our meeting room no later than 6:15 to help set up for the meeting.
Please read below for details on upcoming events, and always stay current with our Troop Calendar on the web site. This is the best way to have the most current information.
PLC Meeting – Plan December & January Meetings and Activities – Monday, January 28th @ 6:30 to 7:30 PM at ELC:
· Plan the next month of meetings and several months of activities.
· All PLC members are expected to be present, or send their assistants.
· Select the Merit Badges we will want to work on at Advancement Meetings in the next few months.
· The New Scout Patrol does not have to attend this meeting of the PLC.
Scout Sunday – Sunday, February 3th @ 10:30 AM Service at ELC:
· HALO: Mr. Gutz.
· Need 4 scouts to be ushers at 10:15 and several more to serve cake.
· We also need a parent volunteer to help the scouts organize and serve cake.
Court of Honor – Monday, February 4th @ 6:30 to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· HALOs: Mr. Carmen and Mrs. Kline
· Theme is Super Bowl
· Our Court of Honor MCs are Jack Winters and Cole Wagenhals
· All patrols are to bring in their snack foods as planed and assigned at our last meeting.
· We will also do Ski Day Prep after the court.
Ski Day at Loveland – Saturday, February 9th:
· HALO: Mr. Peterson and Mr. Roberts.
· Cost is $35 for scouts and $40 for adults.
· In the morning, we will work on the Snow Sport Merit Badge for those of you that don’t already have it. If you do have it, please plan on working as a teacher for the morning.
· In the afternoon, we will have Free Ski where groups of scouts ski on their own. The buddy system will be strictly enforced!!
Troop Meeting: Advancement – Monday, February 11th @ 6:30 to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· Work on a new list of Merit Badges
· Work on Baden Powel (Trail to First Class) for new scouts.
Troop Meeting: OA Elections – Monday, February 18th @ 6:30 to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· OA Elections and Call Out
o We will need maximum troop attendance for the elections. We will have an OA presentation by the Running Antelope Chapter.
o We will need 4-5 current OA Members to help with the elections - please see Mr. Johnson.
· Klondike Campout Prep
Timberline District Klondike – Friday, February 22 – Sunday, February 24:
· HALO: Mr. Riley
· Planning has started and more details will follow shortly. Sign up now, don’t wait.
· New Scouts and other scouts that did not complete winter campout training are invited to join the troop early on Saturday morning, for breakfast, and stay through dinner and campfire until it’s time for scouts to turn in for the night.
Camp Ben Delatour Summer Camp, in state, July 14-20:
· HALO: TBD
· Camp Ben Delatour is in the Red Feather Lakes region west of Fort Collins. This camp is for first and second year scouts and any other older scouts that will be working on Trail to First Class and/or Merit Badges.
Island Park Summer Camp, out of state, July 6-14:
· HALO: TBD
· This out of state adventure is mostly for mostly older scouts, year three and up. This camp is outside the west entrance of Yellowstone and is a two day trip to and from camp. The troop leaves on Saturday, July 6, and arrives back on Sunday, July 14. It is a full 12 hour drive so we need parents to drive and stay for the week.