Weekly Post, Week of January 20, 2013
Post date: Jan 20, 2013 3:37:58 PM
Greetings Troop 737! There is a lot going on in the next few months, please read below and keep up with the troop calendar.
Upcoming Signup Deadlines (see below for details):
· Re-charter – Deadline already past: Cost is $15 registration fee for each scout and scouter, and $74 annual dues per scout. We have not received all the re-charter forms. Without the forms from all our families with scouts in the troop, we can’t re-charter properly. If you have not responded to Clara’s email, please do so ASAP! Payment should be made to Wendy Barber our troop treasurer at the next troop meeting or two.
· Mystery Campout – January 25 – 26th – Signup Deadline, Already past and payment due by Jan. 21: Cost is $50.
· Boundary Waters – June 11 – June 21st – $100 Deposit Payment due Jan 21.
The service patrol for January is the Flaming Arrows!! All members of the TBD Patrol should be inside our meeting room no later than 6:15 to help set up for the meeting.
Please read below for details on upcoming events, and always stay current with our Troop Calendar on the web site. This is the best way to have the most current information.
Troop Meeting: Flag Ceremony and meetings with COH Planning & Mystery Campout Prep – Monday, January 21 @ 6:30PM at ELC:
· A special guest of Jack Winters; A former US Army Color guard will visit and teach us all the proper way to present colors at troop meetings.
· Patrol Meetings for COH planning.
· Campout Prep for Mystery Campout.
Mystery Campout – Friday, January 25th to Saturday January 26th at… it’s a mystery…:
· HALO: Mr. McCabe and Mr. Osborn.
· Winter Campout Training is not required!
· Cost is $50 and the details are still are a mystery. However, Mr. Osborn has been advertising this and if you have not seen his very big and loud emails you must be asleep yourself. This will be a lot of fun!!!!!
PLC Meeting – Plan December & January Meetings and Activities – Monday, January 28th @ 6:30 to 7:30 PM at ELC:
· Plan the next month of meetings and several months of activities.
· All PLC members are expected to be present, or send their assistants.
Scout Sunday – Sunday, February 4th @ 10:30 AM Service at ELC:
· Need 4 scouts to be ushers at 10:15 and several more to serve cake.
· We also need a parent volunteer to help the scouts organize and serve cake.
Ski Day at Loveland – Saturday, February 9th:
· HALO: Mr. Peterson and Mr. Roberts.
· Cost is $35 for scouts and $40 for adults.
· IN the morning, we will work on the Snow Sport Merit Badge for those of you that don’t already have it. If you do have it, please plan on working as a teacher for the morning.
· In the afternoon, we will have Free Ski where groups of scouts ski on their own. The buddy system will be strictly enforced!!
Camp Ben Delatour Summer Camp, in state, July 14-20:
· HALO: TBD
· Camp Ben Delatour is in the Red Feather Lakes region west of Fort Collins. This camp is for first and second year scouts and any other older scouts that will be working on Trail to First Class and/or Merit Badges.
Island Park Summer Camp, out of state, July 6-14:
· HALO: TBD
· This out of state adventure is mostly for mostly older scouts, year three and up. This camp is outside the west entrance of Yellowstone and is a two day trip to and from camp. The troop leaves on Saturday, July 6, and arrives back on Sunday, July 14. It is a full 12 hour drive so we need parents to drive and stay for the week.