Weekly Post, Week of February 17, 2013
Post date: Feb 24, 2013 3:35:52 PM
Greetings Troop 737! This will be a short post this week due to the Klondike Campout. Unfortunately I had to return home last evening due to a problem with my truck. When I left, it had just started snowing and the scouts are digging out as I write this. I will leave in a short while go help get the Scouts home and buy them a pizza lunch at Beau Jo’s in Idaho Springs. We will be back to the garage at pickup time of 1 PM. If you are picking up, please be on time and prepared to help finish putting our gear away if you can.
Upcoming Signup Deadlines (see below for details):
· New Scout and Parent Orientation Trainer sign up. We need all of our troop instructors and our Guide to help with training new scouts. Additionally, any first class and above scout is welcome. See below for details.
The service patrol for February is the Falcons!! All members of the Falcons Patrol should be inside our meeting room no later than 6:15 PM to help set up for the meeting.
Please read below for details on upcoming events, and always stay current with our Troop Calendar on the web site. This is the best way to have the most current information.
Troop Meeting: Troop Elections – Monday, February 25th @ 6:30 to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· HALO: Mr. Wulff
· Troop Elections
· We will need maximum troop attendance for the elections.
New Scout and Parent Orientation – March 2nd at ELC, 8:30 AM until about 3 PM
· HALO: Mr. Catterson
· This activity is for new scout parents and the new scouts. Parents will learn about the troop, how it is run, what their son’s will be doing, etc. Meanwhile, the new scouts will be working on their Scout Rank with some older scouts and also complete their Scout Master Conference. This will complete the Scout Rank which will be awarded at the end of the day.
· Lunch and a snack will be provided.
· Cost: $5 per new scout and parent participant for lunch and snack.
· Scout trainers show up at 7:30 PM on Friday evening for preparations and a sleepover. Eat dinner before you come. All snacks and movies will be provided by Mr. Hoffman and Mr. Catterson. Be prepared to eat Brownies, popcorn and a breakfast cooked by the adults.
· There is no cost for trainers.
Camp Ben Delatour Summer Camp, in state, July 14-20:
· HALO: Mr. Snyder,
· Camp Ben Delatour is in the Red Feather Lakes region west of Fort Collins. This camp is for first and second year scouts and any other older scouts that will be working on Trail to First Class and/or Merit Badges.
Island Park Summer Camp, out of state, July 6-14:
· HALO: Mrs. Fizgerald, Mr. Kleist, Mr. Martin, Mrs. Wilkinson
· This out of state adventure is mostly for mostly older scouts, year three and up. This camp is outside the west entrance of Yellowstone and is a two day trip to and from camp. The troop leaves on Saturday, July 6, and arrives back on Sunday, July 14. It is a full 12 hour drive so we need parents to drive and stay for the week.