Weekly Post, Week of February 10, 2013
Post date: Feb 10, 2013 3:38:57 PM
Greetings Troop 737! This past week we had two very successful events; the Court of Honor and the Ski Day to Loveland. I would like to thank all HALOs and adult volunteers for their efforts putting these two events together. There were many parents involved, but I want to call out and thank the four HALOs; Mr. Roberts and Mr. Peterson for the ski day and Mrs. Kline and Mr. Carmen for the Court of Honor. I would also like to thank Mrs. Lance for her help after the court of honor, she is always the last person to leave making sure everything is cleaned up!
This week we continue our program with the first advancement meeting for this half or the year. We also have an ASM/Committee/Parents meeting on Wednesday. Please note this is a change of day for the parents meeting to accommodate Valentine’s Day.
Upcoming Signup Deadlines (see below for details):
· Timberline District Klondike – Signup Deadline February 11th
The service patrol for February is the Falcons!! All members of the Falcons Patrol should be inside our meeting room no later than 6:15 PM to help set up for the meeting.
Please read below for details on upcoming events, and always stay current with our Troop Calendar on the web site. This is the best way to have the most current information.
Troop Meeting: Advancement – Monday, February 11th @ 6:30 to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· The merit badges we will be offering and the counselors are:
o Eagle required:
§ Camping - Mr. Dixon, Mr. Osborn, Mr. Westfall
§ Communication - Mrs. Winters
§ Personal Management - Mrs. Smith
§ Electricity and Electronics - Mr. Pond
§ Model Design and Building - Mr. Martin
· New Scouts will work on Baden Powel (Trail to First Class)
SM & ASM & HALOs for Upcoming Events/Committee/Parents Meeting – February 13th, @ 6:30 PM at ELC:
· The ASM meeting starts at 6:30 PM and the committee meeting starts at 7:15 PM.
· All Parents are invited and encouraged to attend any and all parts of both meetings.
· Agenda is:
o OA & Troop Elections
o Crossovers – WEBELOS Recruitment
o New Scout Orientation – in detail
o New Scout Campout – continued planning
o Quinzee campout – initial planning; need to reserve a spot at Tahosa!
o Summer Camps
Troop Meeting: OA Elections – Monday, February 18th @ 6:30 to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· OA Elections and Call Out
o We will need maximum troop attendance for the elections. We will have an OA presentation by the Running Antelope Chapter.
o We will need 4-5 current OA Members to help with the elections - please see Mr. Johnson.
· Klondike Campout Prep
Timberline District Klondike – Friday, February 22 – Sunday, February 24:
· HALO: Mr. Riley
· Planning has started and more details will follow shortly. Sign up now, don’t wait.
· New Scouts and other scouts that did not complete winter campout training are invited to join the troop early on Saturday morning, for breakfast, and stay through dinner and campfire until it’s time for scouts to turn in for the night.
Troop Meeting: Troop Elections – Monday, February 25th @ 6:30 to 8:00 PM at ELC:
· HALO: Mr. Wulff
· Troop Elections
· We will need maximum troop attendance for the elections.
New Scout and Parent Orientation – March 2nd at ELC, 8:30 AM until about 3 PM
· HALO: Mr. Catterson
· This activity is for new scout parents and the new scouts. Parents will learn about the troop, how it is run, what their son’s will be doing , etc. Meanwhile, the new scouts will be working on their Scout Rank with some older scouts and also complete their Scout Master Conference. This will complete the Scout Rank which will be awarded at the end of the day.
· Lunch and a snack will be provided.
· Cost: $5 per new scout and parent participant for lunch and snack.
· Scout trainers show up at 7:30 PM on Friday evening for preparations and a sleepover. Eat dinner before you come and bring snacks and your movies. No cost to trainers!!
Camp Ben Delatour Summer Camp, in state, July 14-20:
· HALO: TBD
· Camp Ben Delatour is in the Red Feather Lakes region west of Fort Collins. This camp is for first and second year scouts and any other older scouts that will be working on Trail to First Class and/or Merit Badges.
Island Park Summer Camp, out of state, July 6-14:
· HALO: TBD
· This out of state adventure is mostly for mostly older scouts, year three and up. This camp is outside the west entrance of Yellowstone and is a two day trip to and from camp. The troop leaves on Saturday, July 6, and arrives back on Sunday, July 14. It is a full 12 hour drive so we need parents to drive and stay for the week.