Weekly Post, Week of August 26, 2012
Post date: Aug 26, 2012 9:12:15 PM
Greetings Troop 737!
The PLC has met and we are ready for our first meeting of the year. We have two upcoming events that will happen quickly after we have our first meeting in a little over a week. First is the 14er day trip. Our HALOs; Mrs. and Mr. Palmer are hard at work picking a good local mountain that we can climb. The second is the Denver Area Camporee in September. I have signed the troop up and made a deposit for 25 participants. This number is probably too low for the number of scouts that we think will come. Here is the important part; the signup sheet will be available at the first meeting. All scouts and adults that sign up on this first evening will have the discounted rate of $20 plus food. Scouts signing up after August 31 will have to pay and extra $10.
Upcoming Activities and Sign up & Payment Deadlines:
First Regular Troop Meeting – Peaceful Valley Slide Show and 14ER day trip prep – August 27 at 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM at ELC:
The first meeting will include:
· Slide show from Peaceful Valley Summer camp.
· 14er day trip prep meeting after the slide show at about 7:30 PM. All participants, including adult participants should plan on attending.
· Outdoor Game and activity.
Troop Garage Cleanup – September 8 at 8 AM to about 10 AM at the troop garage:
HALO: Mr. Summar
We will be cleaning and inspecting all of our gear. Mr. Winters and the troop quartermasters will be in charge of the gear and cleanup. Mr. Summar is going to provide the food.
Fourteener Day Trip – September 9:
· HALO: Mrs. Palmer
· Where: Mount Bierstadt
· When: Sunday September 9th, exact time is TBD and will be discussed at the prep meeting.
· Details will be discussed at the preparation during the regular troop meeting on August 27th. All participants are strongly encouraged to attend. The prep session will start at about 7:30 PM
2012 Denver Area Council Camporee – September 21 – 23 – Cost $20 plus food:
Details are still being worked out. However, all scouts and adults signing up by August 27 will be charged the discounted rate of $20. Those signing up after the 31st will have to pay an extra $10. The signup sheet will be available at the first troop meeting.
As always, please read the troop web site, especially the calendar, for the most current information on all upcoming and scheduled events.