Weekly Post, Week of August 11, 2013
Post date: Aug 12, 2013 3:11:56 AM
Thank you to all the scouts who helped with the Grove sale. I know that the members of the church also appreciate your help. Here is a list of the upcoming events:
· August 15 Assistant Scoutmaster and upcoming HALO’s meeting. 6:30 pm ELC All adults are welcome. We will review summer camp and go over the upcoming activities.
· August 15 Troop Committee meeting 7:15pm ELC All Adults are welcome. This is when the business of the Troop is discussed. There are quite a few open positions on the committee. Come see how you can help out.
· August 19 First day of school and Patrol Leader’s Council. All scout leaders are expected to come and plan the next month’s activities including our first Court of Honor.
· August 25 Annual Parent Meeting and Potluck. 4 pm at ELC Parents please join us to get to know some of the other parents, learn some more about Troop 737 and find out where you can help with your son’s scouting experience. REMINDER At least one parent from each family is expected to volunteer in some capacity for the Troop. There are plenty of tasks for all different kinds of skills. This is a boy led troop but parent involvement is one of the things that make Troop 737 a special organization. I look forward to seeing you at this event.
· August 26 First Troop Meeting of the year. Among other things we will be doing campout prep for the Labor Day Weekend Backpacking trip.
· August 30 – September 2 Labor Day Weekend backpacking trip Halo Mr. Reilly We will be leaving early on Saturday morning and returning sometime Monday afternoon. The plan is to go on an 11 mile loop up on Weston pass in South Park. This is the same trip that Mr. Wickham did for one of his scoutmaster invitational backpacking trips. All scouts are welcome but all first year scouts will need to be accompanied by an adult. Campout prep will be the Monday before, August 26th.
REMINDER: Some of you are still using my old email address, Please use firstname.lastname@example.org for all scout emails. Thank you.