Weekly Post, September 8, 2013
Post date: Sep 6, 2013 10:11:44 PM
Hello Troop 737,
A big part of Scouting is Outing so I would really like to see a bunch of scouts sign up for our upcoming outings. Here is a list of the upcoming events:
· September 9 Advancement. Service patrol is the Titans. Please show up 15 minutes early to help set up. There has been a slight change in the merit badges to be offered: Citizenship in the Community, Veterinarian Medicine, American Heritage, Geology and Computers along with Programing. All Scouts who are not First Class or fairly close will need to meet in the kitchen area to work on Trail to First Class. Older Scouts, like the Troop Guide or Trainers, will help you on your requirements. If you are a Troop Guide or a Trainer this is your time to shine so please show up!
· September 16 Meet at Flying J Ranch, Service patrol is the Titans. Please show up 15 minutes early to help set up. Capture the Flag along with some other fun outdoor activities. Please dress appropriately. We will also be doing campout prep for the Camporee.
· September 20 – 22 Timberline District Camporee. The theme for this year’s Camporee is "An 1860’s Frontier Village". Most of the activities will be themed around a Civil War and Mountain Man historical adventure. Pioneering, Indian Lore and associated activities are some of the most exciting and fun of the outdoor adventures in Scouting. The 2013 Fall Camporee will allow Scouts to test their Black Powder shooting skills, tomahawk throwing, and archery skills with other challenging events. This looks like lots of fun so sign up and join us!! If you have any Webelos or Cub Scouts they are welcome to come and visit for the day, but they must be accompanied by an adult.
· September 23 Patrol Leader’s Council. All scout leaders are expected to come and plan the next month’s activities including our first Court of Honor.
· September 30 Court of Honor This is the formal ceremony where all the merit badges and rank advancements earned by the Scouts since the last Court of Honor will be presented. We will be meeting in the Sanctuary and all the Scouts should wear their Class A uniforms. All parents, especially Mothers of Scouts receiving rank advancement, are encouraged to attend this meeting. Adults, we still do not have a HALO for this event. If you would be willing to help organize this event please contact me.
· October 4 -6 Scoutmaster Invitational Backpacking Trip The plan is to go to Gibson Lake. Mr. Hoffman will be putting out some more information about this trip.
· October Campout Our original plan to go to the Air Force Academy has fallen through. We are still in the process of figuring this event out.
· October 26 Winter Camp Training 8am – 3pm This is a very important training for our new scouts. You must attend this training once if you want to go on any of our outdoor winter camping trips, which is November through March! This is true for adults also. Every year we are asked to bend on this policy but we have never made an exception. The Leadership Team feels that this training is essential for safety of scouts and adults. We also want to make sure everyone has a good winter camping experience.
· November 15 -17 Chatfield Reservoir Campout We will be hiking, biking, fishing and having a great time. Since this campout is so close, Scouts will be able to come and go ,so they can go to other activities like sporting events or band and come back to join us. There are very few good excuses for not coming to this campout. See you there!
Save the dates reminders:
· March 23 – 29 Spring Break Arches Family Campout
· June 19 – July 3 Philmont Scout Ranch