Weekly Post; September 11, 2011
Post date: Sep 11, 2011 2:26:06 PM
Greetings Troop 737! Wow, you should see the troop garage and trailer now! Thank you to all of those scouts and scouters that helped clean up yesterday. We did more in half a day than I would have ever imagined. We got it all done and hauled a full sized long bed pickup truck of junk to the dump, including a bin of some very rotten and stinky food! All of the patrol boxes have been cleaned and inventoried, tents have been checked and parts added, and the trailer is clean and organized. To all of you that did not participate, I ask that you take a look at the garage and then thank a scout that did help out. Oh, and we also cleaned the hot dogs out of the Wickham’s freezer! Thanks to Mr. Summars, we had a great scout lunch, dogs with chili and cheese!
Tomorrow's meeting will be a busy and interesting one. For those scouts and adults that are going on the campout, we will do some campout prep, and for those of you not going, Mr. Jones, a.k.a. Art Vandelay, will provide a presentation on a fascinating career choice, Architect. Mr. Jones is a professional Architect.
I will also be conducting Scoutmaster Conferees with the following scouts who have made appointments with me;
· Jack Winters
· Eric Reid
· Ryan Kleist
· Eli Wulf
· Nick Mizenko
Be in full class A uniforms and look sharp!
We need everyone to take a look at Tom Smith's email about the need for the National Boy Scout health form. This form will be required for the first campout. Participation will not be allowed without it. I have attached that form to this announcement, please see down below.
The service patrol for August and September are the Alligators.
Sign up & Payment Deadlines:
- Timberline District Shooting Sports Camporee - Last day to sign up was August 29th and we are now registered as a troop. We can no longer add scouts to the list, and if someone needs to drop, they will be responsible for finding a replacement to cover their $18 Registration fee. If you have not paid the required $38 fee to cover shooting, food and transportation.
- Mountain Bike Day Trip - Last day to sign up is the September 12th Meeting - No Cost
- Wilderness Survival Backpack Camp Out - Last day to sign up is the September 26th Meeting - $ TBD
· Other than the garage cleanup, there is not a lot of new news.
· Every scout and scouter in the troop will have to fill out the BSA National Health form ASAP. The council and district will no longer accept the older Colorado From. I will attach the current form to this posting for your use. I will let Tom Smith give you all the details, but just know this, you do not have to go out and get a physical right away if you are not due. For activities less than 72 hours, you can fill out and sign Part A and B.
Scoutmaster Invitational: Will be rescheduled in some form, later in the autumn.
September 16 through 18: Timberline District Shooting Sports Camporee: Information is posted on the calendar. We will meet at the garage at 5:30 PM and depart shortly after. The uniform will be Class A with neckerchiefs, we look good! Bring a sack dinner to eat prior to departure or shortly after we arrive. I will leave it up to the individual drivers if they are willing to allow eating in their cars. I personally have had bad experiences, so until scouts can show me that they can keep my car clean and clean up after themselves, I will not allow it, sorry scouts.
The cost of this campout is $18 for each participant for participation and shooting, and $20 for food. Mr. and Mrs. McCabe are the HALOs for this campout and deserve our thanks for all they have done so far and for all they will do to complete a successful campout.
September 19: Our first Court of Honor for the year. Details will be planned by your PLC, but you don't want to miss all the awards earned over the summer.
September 25: Buffalo Creek Mountain Biking Day Trip: Mr. Holloway is the HALO and is working on the details for this activity.
District and Council News and Upcoming Activities:
2012 Big Horn Information: Summer 2012 dates are posted. If you are interested, more information will posted as it comes out. This training is required for all Scouts desiring to hold the Senior Patrol leader position.
Denver After Dark, October 14-15: Mr. Johnson is the HALO for this event and will have more information shortly. See the calendar and attachment for details.
University of Scouting, October 22, 7:30 AM to 4 PM: This is a great adult leader training opportunity. I will be going and would gladly share a ride with scouters from our trop. ASMs can get their training as well as a large variety of other topics. I think I am going to take CPR to get ready for Philmont. If you are interested, please see me if you are interested.
There is much more, but too much for now. I will post these in the coming weeks so we have a full list of District and Council events.
Please make sure that you keep an eye on the calendar and your emails, and I will see you soon.