Weekly Post, November 7, 2010
Post date: Nov 6, 2010 12:32:06 PM
Service Patrol for November - Stags. Please show up 20 minutes early and plan on staying a bit later to help with chairs, tables, flags, etc.
Monday, November 8. 6:30, ELC. Troop Meeting - Team Building Exercises and Camp Prep. for Indigo Mountain. Team building will be run by our newly minted Bighorn Leadership Trainees - Alex W. and Paul G. Thanks guys. Make sure you bring a coat and hat because we will be outdoors for part of it. ASM Mr. Sperry will be the SM in charge due to my absence.
Friday, November 12 - Sunday, 14. Indigo Mountain Nature Center Camping Trip. - Some dance with wolves. We camp with wolves. Yes.
And perform various service projects. This great trip we do every year. SMIC - ASM Mr. Hoffman. Last night to sign up is Monday, first thing please. We need a headcout that night. This is considered Winter Camping, so Winter Camping Training is required. See the picture of Tazzo picking out his lunch! That's snow in the background!! This year we are doing two service projects. First, we are building picnic tables. Ryan J. has been researching the design, materials, and cost. The second is slash!!! Mmmmmmmm.... slashhhhhhh. http://www.indigomtn.org/
Our last Community Service Project was October 28 at Bethlehem Lutheran Church. We prepared and served food to the needy through a ministry called "The Table". The connection was through our Service Project Coordinator, Mrs. Thompson. Thank you everyone who showed up to help. To get your service hours credited, please fill out the service project form, I will sign them, and we'll give them to Mr. Riley. The form can be found here (Hint: it's the last one on the page).
Winter Camp Training was yesterday. Thank you everyone who volunteered their time to teach and to be taught. I look foward to seeing you prepared at the next winter camp! As a reminder, we limit the number of scouts who can teach to a manageable 10. This year we had many more ask to teach that we had to regrettably turn away. When three of the scouts who signed up for teaching did not show, it was too late to get other volunteers. We know that plans change, but let us know in advance. It is the Scout thing to do. Thank you.
- Upcoming activities - Check the calendar for detailsNovember 12-14 - Indigo Mountain Nature Center
- November 13 - Valley District Merit Badge College
- November 13 - Webelos Winter Day
- November 20 - Frontier District Merit Badge College
- November 20 - Apex Center (with rock climbing)
- December 4 - Golden Rec Center Lockin (aka dodgeball all night long)
- December 11 - Evergreen Life Care Center Visit (Service Project)
- December 18-19 - Leadville Yurt Trip
- December 18 - Denver Museum of Nature and Science Amazon Voyage - Vicious Fishes & Other Riches
- December 29 - Echo Mountain Day Ski Trip