Weekly Post, November 17, 2013
Post date: Nov 17, 2013 10:43:58 PM
Hello Troop 737,
We just returned from another awesome campout … biking, really fun orienteering, great food, friends, and most memorable, the eleven o’clock wind storm adventure. I especially wanted to thank Mr. Osborn for lining up Mr. Rounds and the orienteering course. It was super cool.
Thank you to Mr. Sperry for his Oscar worthy film on their trip to Philmont two years ago which we showed at our last meeting. I am even more excited to go to Philmont now. If you have signed up for Philmont, the first and second payments are due now. We still do have room so if you are at all interested please sign up or contact me or Mr. Riley. Philmont is one of the premier scouting events of any scout’s career. All of the scouts and adults who went last time had an awesome time and highly recommend that everyone should take advantage of this opportunity. Troop 737 was VERY lucky to get a chance to go again so quickly. There is a very good chance that if you are 14 or older, you may not get another chance to go Philmont. If cost is an issue, please contact me and we will see what we can work out. Dates: June 19 – July 3rd
Here is a list of upcoming events:
· November 18 Patrol Leader’s Council. 6:30 – 8pm All scout leaders are expected to come and plan the next month’s activities.
· November 25 No meeting Thanksgiving break
· December 2 Troop Meeting 6:30 – 8pm
· December 6 Adult Brainstorming session 6:00 – 10pm. We will be serving dinner so come early and enjoy some food and fellowship. Session will start 6:30 to 7. Troop 737 is an excellent troop but we can always make it better. If you have some ideas on how we can make Troop 737 better, please plan on joining us. I would especially like to hear from people who were in scouts as a youth and people who have recently been involved in other troops.
· December 6 Winter Camp Training Prep 7pm. Trainers will organize the next day’s activities and then hang out and have some fun with your friends. Bring Class A uniform, sleeping bag, pad, pillow, personal items, movies, games and snacks. NOTE: Trainers are welcome to come to dinner with adults for Brainstorming session.
· December 7 Winter Camp Training 8:30am – 9am Check-in 9am - 2pm Training This is a very important training for our new scouts. You must attend this training once, if you want to go on any of our outdoor winter camping trips, which is November through March! This is true for adults also. Every year we are asked to bend on this policy but we have never made an exception. The Leadership Team feels that this training is essential for safety of scouts and adults. We also want to make sure everyone has a good winter camping experience.
· December 9 Troop Meeting 6:30 – 8pm
· December 13 – 14 Lock-in at Wulf Rec Center This is one of our most popular events. The pool, gym and gymnastics room will be open. Thank to Mr. O’Connor for stepping up to HALO this event.
December 16 Troop Meeting 6:30 – 8pm