Weekly Post, March 7, 2010
Post date: Mar 8, 2010 1:27:32 AM
Greetings Scouts, Scouters, and Parents,
Tomorrow night is Hobby Night, Quinzee Campout Prep, and Planning Meeting for Havasu Falls.
- Scouts AND adults bring your hobbies, unless it is of course poisonous snakes, study of infectious diseases, or a scab collection. Everyone will be allowed to present to the troop.
- There will also be a Quinzee Campout prep meeting immediately after opening. Please find Mr. Trower. If you're going on the trip, you need to be at the meeting to help plan.
- Lastly, will also be having a planning meeting for Havasu Falls trip. EVERYONE planning to go on this trip needs to attend this meeting. We will talk about: equipment, food, drivers, itinerary, cost, and try to answer as many questions as possible. If you have decided not to go, please be sure to let me know as soon as possible. If you haven't done so, please take the time to look at these websites. http://www.havasupaitribe.com/index.html; http://www.downthetrail.com/grand-canyon/new-waterfalls-at-havasu-june-2009/
New Family Orientation. Thanks you to everyone that planned, presented, attended, and cooked for the orientation. We feel that the event gives a jump start to the new scouts and parents, and this year's orientation surely did just that. A special thanks for Michael Johnson and Colleen Henderson who really bent their butter knives this year to pull it off. Remember new scouts to focus on advancement toward First Class by:
- Working with Mr. McLean (our trail to first class coordinator) at the advancement meetings;
- Signing up for New Scout Campout (May 8); and
- Attending Summer Camp at Peaceful Valley (July 11-17).
Quinzee Campout, March 12-14. SMIC is Mr. Trower. Sign up is closed. Campout prep will be March 8.
Patrol Leaders Council, Monday March 15. Regular time. This is not a regular troop meeting. It is attended by the PLC only, which is SPL, ASPL, PL (or APL is PL cannot attend), and Scribe must attend. The outgoing PLC must attend. I am asking, however, that the incoming PLC also attend and observe.
Junior Leader Training, Saturday March 20. 9 am to 12 noon, Lower Fellowship Hall, ELC. Required for all outgoing and incoming position holders. Outgoing train incoming position holders. Class A's please.
Election results. Please see Andy W. if you have questions or concerns about the election results. Results are posted to the secure website here. All outgoing and incoming position holders must attend the Junior Leader Training (JLT).
Emergency Prep Merit Badge - Emergency Response Planning. The troop will be holding a search and rescue night to satisfy the 8a and 8b requirements. Let me know if you need these and stay tuned - we'll be planning the event at the next PLC.
Webelos Crossovers. Mr. Kerber is arranging the crossovers and will have a sign up book at the meeting. The goal would be to have a minimum of 4 scouts and two adults for each crossover. Den Chiefs must attend to receive credit for the position for advancement. Scheduled crossovers are:
Pack 400: Wed Feb 17 6:30 (Mountain High Christian Center; the church across 285 from Intercanyon Fire Station) Pack 50: Thursday Feb 18 6:00pm (Evergreen High School cafeteria) Pack 497: Thursday Feb 18 3:35 pm (Location TBD) Pack 285: Friday Feb 19 6:30pm (Shepherd of the Rockies Lutheran Church - 106 Rosalie Rd, Bailey) Pack 39: Tuesday Feb 23 6:30pm (Sanctuary Room of the Conference Baptist Church 27154 North Turkey Creek Road, Evergreen)
- Pack 507: Tuesday Mar 23 6:30 pm (King-Murphy Elementary School)
CRITICAL DEADLINES AND SIGNUPS - These are in the troop calendar and, as a reminder, in Announcements. Please see announcements. However, we need to start seeing signups for New Scout Campout and the two summer camps. For new scout campout, trainers will be limited to 6, first come-first serve. All new scouts should sign up for Peaceful Valley ASAP. Spots for Island Park Summer Camp are limited, also first come-first serve.
UPCOMING - Click here for the current Troop Calendar.
ADULT TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES. (…it’s not just an opportunity, it’s an expectation…)
Click here for the location on the webpage.
- First Responder/Remote Care and CPR
- Advanced/Wilderness First Aid and CPR
- Fast Start – online
- This is Scouting – online
- Youth Protection – online
- Troop Committee Challenge - online
- Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (T-ITOLS-204-2010_0430): 4/30/2010 5 PM - 5/1/2010 5 PM
If you want to have an email address ADDED to the list, simply send any email to email@example.com from the account where you wish to receive the emails and your email will be added.
If you want to STOP receiving troop emails, just send an email FROM THE ACCOUNT YOU WANT DROPPED to firstname.lastname@example.org and that address will be dropped from the list.
Scoutmaster, Troop 737
Home: (303) 816 9207
Cell: (720) 318 2219