Weekly Post, January 1, 2014
Post date: Jan 1, 2014 6:18:13 PM
Happy New Year Troop 737,
I hope you all had a wonderful and fulfilling holiday season.
AND THE WINNER OF THE DECEMBER KNIFE RAFFLE IS MORGAN FORCE. CONGRATULATIONS!!
Thank you to everyone who participated. Look for other raffle type programs in the future.
We are still trying to put together a group to go to Okpik this year. If you are interested in going, details below, please contact Mr. Riley at email@example.com or 303.697.7799. If we don’t have enough people sign up soon we will have to cancel.
NOTE: I will be out of town from the January 1 – 6. I will not be checking my email but I will have some cell service while I am gone.
Here is a list of upcoming events:
· January 6 Patrol Leader’s Council. 6:30 – 8pm All scout leaders are expected to come and plan the next month’s activities. NOTE: This is a couple of days before school starts but the PLC thought it was a good idea to have our meeting.
· January 17 - 19 Okpik This is a high adventure program (age 14 and above) up at Tahosa scout camp. Come learn all about winter camping including building a Quinzee. All the scouts who have gone on this outing before said it was a blast.
Other important dates:
· March 23 – 29 Spring Break Arches Family Campout We have reserved a group site in Arches National Park. This is a tent only campground that will accommodate 35 campers.
· June 19 – July 3 Philmont If you have signed up for Philmont, the first and second payments are due now. We still do have room so if you are at all interested, please sign up or contact me or Mr. Riley. Philmont is one of the premier scouting events of any scout’s career. All of the scouts and adults who went last time had an awesome time and highly recommend that everyone should take advantage of this opportunity. Troop 737 was VERY lucky to get a chance to go again so quickly. There is a very good chance that if you are 14 or older, you may not get another chance to go Philmont. If cost is an issue, please contact me and we will see what we can work out.
· Probable dates for summer camps:
o July 6 – 12 Camp Dietler and Peaceful Valley Colorado
o July 19 – 27 Camp Island Park in Idaho