Weekly Posting, October 24, 2010
Post date: Oct 25, 2010 1:37:51 AM
Service Patrol for October - Alligators. Please show up 20 minutes early and plan on staying a bit later to help with chairs, tables, flags, etc.
Monday, October 25. 6:30, ELC. Patrol Leader's Council. The SPL, ASPLs, Patrol Leaders (or assistants), and Scribe need to attend. Please print out the necessary planning paperwork from the website. You can find it here.
Community Service Project. October 28. Please send me an email to sign up. We have a community service project quarterly where we do something for our community, to help others, and earn service hours for rank advancement.
- When: Thursday evening, October 28th. We would meet at ELC at 4:45 and return at 7:45. So get that homework DONE!
- What: The scouts would come in uniform and serve food to the needy through a ministry called "The Table". The needy people that come through are sooooo thankful and it really makes the kids feel like they are contributing to a community need. Our connection is through Mean Street Ministries, which is also a direct contributor/partner for "The Table". I have attached both websites below so you can see what the two organizations are about.
- Where: Bethlehem Lutheran Church on Wadsworth (near Colfax). Uniform: Scouts need to wear their Class A uniform.
- More information: http://www.meanstreetministry.org/About.html; http://www.tablebethlehem.org/details.shtml
- Questions: Suzanne H. Thompson, our service project coordinator. Mrs. Thompson, you rock!, 303-567-0503 Home, 303-809-4801 Cell
Winter Camp Training. Many of the younger scouts did not seem to know at the last circle, but, we do plenty of cold weather camping. ALL SCOUTS and parent have to be winter camp trainined by our troop or at OKPIK. No exceptions. If you are not trained, then you can't participate in cold weather camping, which begins next month and extends into the spring. See attachment at the end of last week's announcement.
Upcoming activities - Check the calendar for details
- October 28 - Community Service Project
- November 1 - Halloween Party
- November 6 - Cold weather camp training (with sleepover for trainers) - required for all winter camping
- November 12-14 - Indigo Mountain Nature Center
- November 13 - Valley District Merit Badge College
- November 13 - Webelos Winter Day
- November 20 - Frontier District Merit Badge College
- November 20 - Apex Center (with rock climbing)
- December 4 - Golden Rec Center Lockin
Mr. Wickham, Scoutmaster