Weekly Post, February 7, 2010
Post date: Feb 8, 2010 1:22:31 AM
Greetings Scouts, Scouters, and Parents,
Patrol Leader's Council Tomorrow Night. Tomorrow night is Patrol Leader's Council. This is not a regular troop meeting. Those required to attend include the SPL, the ASPLs, PL or their APLs, Scribe and Webmaster.
Scout Sunday. Thanks everyone who attended Scout Sunday at ELC, did all the planning, and brought the wonderful cakes. Next time, though, I want to see us FILL the church. Imagine all our scouts with all our scouters and parents attending the Scout Sunday service. What message would that send?
Webelos Crossovers. It is that time of the year. Mr. Kerber is arranging the crossovers and will have a sign up book at the Monday meeting. The goal would be to have a minimum of 4 scouts and two adults for each crossover. Den Chiefs must attend to receive credit for the position for advancement. Scheduled crossovers are:
- Pack 50: Thursday Feb 18 6:00pm (Evergreen High School cafeteria)
- Pack 285: Friday Feb 19th 6:30pm (Shepherd of the Rockies Lutheran Church - 106 Rosalie Rd, Bailey)Pack 39: Tuesday Feb 23 6:30pm (Sanctuary Room of the Conference Baptist Church 27154 North Turkey Creek Road, Evergreen
Parent Pickups. I need to make a point to the parents about something that occurs enough to warrant mention. Please make every effort to pick up your scout on time after meetings and at the end of outings. When you're late, we have to stay late with your son, which is an inconvenience to our volunteers. For troop meetings, show up at 8 and join Circle - it is for scouts AND PARENTS. For outings, the meeting time back at ELC is 1 pm Sunday, although arrival times change, so be near a phone, expect a call, and be flexible (plus or minus 2 hours). Thanks.
Automobile Maintenance Merit Badge. Mr. Riley and Mr. Wagenhals will be pulling an engine and replacing the crank shaft. The project is 2-3 weeks out, but if you are interested in participating, it will go a long way toward your Automotive Maintenance Merit Badge. Contact Mr. Riley.
CRITICAL DEADLINES AND SIGNUPS
These are now in the troop calendar and, as a reminder, in Announcements. Please see announcements regarding:
- Troop photos
- Upcoming deadlines
- Service Patrol
- Philmont 2011
- Merit Badges for this round of advancement
- Truck Transportation MB, American Business MB, Pioneer Trails MB, and First Aid MB
- Historic Merit Badges
- Council Order of the Arrow Banquet
UPCOMING - Click here for the current Troop Calendar.
ADULT TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES. (…it’s not just an opportunity, it’s an expectation…)
Click here for the location on the webpage.
- First Responder/Remote Care and CPR
- Advanced/Wilderness First Aid and CPR
- Fast Start – online
- This is Scouting – online
- Youth Protection – online
- Troop Committee Challenge - online
- Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (T-ITOLS-204-2010_0430): 4/30/2010 5 PM - 5/1/2010 5 PM
If you want to have an email address ADDED to the list, simply send any email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the account where you wish to receive the emails and your email will be added.
If you want to STOP receiving troop emails, just send an email FROM THE ACCOUNT YOU WANT DROPPED to email@example.com and that address will be dropped from the list.
Scoutmaster, Troop 737
Home: (303) 816 9207
Cell: (720) 318 2219
P Please consider the environment before printing this email