Weekly Post, February 2, 2014
Post date: Feb 2, 2014 9:54:48 PM
Hello Troop 737,
No regular Troop meeting on Monday night. Instead we will be meeting on Tuesday night, February 4th, at the Alpine Rescue Team Shack, which is located at 28802 Rainbow Hill Rd. (just north of the old El Rancho restaurant, see map below). We will be meeting at our regular time from 6:30 to 8. Come see how this great organization serves our community and learn how you can be better prepared for different kinds of emergencies. This should be a very interesting and entertaining meeting. All parents are welcome to stay.
REMEMBER, With the E Prep theme in mind, the prize for the attendance/uniform inspection raffle for this unit is:
· a heavy duty Magnesium Fire Starter
· a flashlight that can also be a lantern and in the flashing mode a signal light.
· and as we all know it is hard to live without a Spork
Raffle tickets are earned by being in attendance at the beginning of the meeting and in full uniform, so be there on time and in full uniform! The E Prep raffle will be conducted at next week’s Court of Honor.
All new scouts and at least one parent from each family need to attend the New Scout and Parent Orientation on March first. This will help everyone plug into Troop 737.
On March 15 Troop 400 has set up a Search and Rescue merit badge workshop at the Alpine Rescue Team Shack. More details to follow.
NOTE: The New Scout Campout has been moved to a week earlier to April 11 – 13 because of the conflict with Easter.
Here is a list of upcoming events:
· February 3 No Troop Meeting
· Tuesday February 4 Troop Meeting: Field Trip to Alpine Rescue Team Shack 6:30 – 8pm 28802 Rainbow Hill Rd. (just north of the old El Rancho restaurant, see map below). This should be a very interesting and entertaining meeting. All parents are welcome to stay.
· February 10 Troop Meeting: Court of Honor 6:30 – 8pm Service patrol is the Serpents. Please show up 15 minutes early to help set up.
· February 15 Annual Ski Trip The plan is to go to Winter Park this year. Come earn your snow sports merit badge or just come have a BLAST with you friends.
· February 17 Patrol Leaders Council (PLC) Meeting 6:30 – 8pm PLC will plan the activities for the upcoming units. All PLC members are expected to participate. This meeting is especially important for the . We will be discussing how to work withal our new scouts.
· February 21 - 23 Timberline District Klondike Derby Leave ELC at 6pm, return Sunday at 1pm. Come on this winter adventure to practice and learn some new scout skills and have an awesome time with your friends. Of course there will be the Troop 737 tradition of FROZEN CHICHEN BOWLING!!
· February 28 Trainers report for New Scout Orientation 7pm. Trainers come to the ELC to get organized for tomorrow’s New Scout Orientation. You will also have some time to hang out with your buddies.
· March 1 New Scout and Parent Orientation 8:30 Check-in meeting starts at 9am – 3pm, Lunch will be served. All new scouts and at least one parent need to attend this meeting. Come learn about Boy Scouts and how Troop 737 specifically functions. This will help both scouts and parents to understand the ins and outs of Troop 737 and how to get the most out of your Scouting experience.
Other important dates:
· March 23 – 29 Spring Break Arches Family Campout We have reserved a group site in Arches National Park. This is a tent only campground that will accommodate 35 campers.
· June 19 – July 3 Philmont If you have signed up for Philmont, the first and second payments are due now. We still do have room so if you are at all interested, please sign up or contact me or Mr. Riley. Philmont is one of the premier scouting events of any scout’s career. All of the scouts and adults who went last time had an awesome time and highly recommend that everyone should take advantage of this opportunity. Troop 737 was VERY lucky to get a chance to go again so quickly. There is a very good chance that if you are 14 or older, you may not get another chance to go Philmont. If cost is an issue, please contact me and we will see what we can work out.
· Summer camps:
o July 6 – 12 Camp Dietler and Peaceful Valley Colorado
July 19 – 27 Camp Island Park in Idaho