Weekly Post, February 14, 2010
Post date: Feb 14, 2010 11:19:25 PM
Greetings Scouts, Scouters, and Parents,
Tomorrow night is Klondike sled rebuild, Klondike campout preparation, and presentation on Troop Website. For sled repair, Mr. Trower and Doug K. to bring equipment and tools. However, we ask that others bring tools to assist with repairs. Scout in charge is Patrick R. Those not fixing sleds will be doing team building activities including tarps, Jacob's Ladder, and the Human knot. Scout in charge is Ryan J. We will also be giving a presentation on the troop website 15-20 minutes before circle at 7:30. This presentation is for ADULTS and SCOUTS.
Webelos Crossovers. Mr. Kerber is arranging the crossovers and will have a sign up book at the Monday meeting. The goal would be to have a minimum of 4 scouts and two adults for each crossover. Den Chiefs must attend to receive credit for the position for advancement. Scheduled crossovers are:
- Pack 400: Wed Feb 17 6:30 (Mountain High Christian Center; the church across 285 from Intercanyon Fire Station)
- Pack 50: Thursday Feb 18 6:00pm (Evergreen High School cafeteria)
- Pack 497: Thursday Feb 18 3:35 pm (Location TBD)
- Pack 285: Friday Feb 19 6:30pm (Shepherd of the Rockies Lutheran Church - 106 Rosalie Rd, Bailey)
- Pack 39: Tuesday Feb 23 6:30pm (Sanctuary Room of the Conference Baptist Church 27154 North Turkey Creek Road, Evergreen)
- Pack 507: Tuesday Mar 23 6:30 pm (King-Murphy Elementary School)
Automobile Maintenance Merit Badge. Mr. Riley and Mr. Wagenhals will be pulling an engine and replacing the crank shaft. The project is currently scheduled for March 5-6. If you are interested in participating, it will go a long way toward your Automotive Maintenance Merit Badge. Contact Mr. Riley.
Training. Some things are worth repeating. At least one adult on every activity must have the following training: Youth Protection (Click Here) and Planning and Preparing for Hazardous Weather training (Click Here).
CRITICAL DEADLINES AND SIGNUPS
These are now in the troop calendar and, as a reminder, in Announcements. Please see announcements regarding:
- Troop photos
- Upcoming deadlines
- Service Patrol
- Philmont 2011
- Merit Badges for this round of advancement
- Truck Transportation MB, American Business MB, Pioneer Trails MB, and First Aid MB
- Historic Merit Badges
- Council Order of the Arrow Banquet
UPCOMING - Click here for the current Troop Calendar.
ADULT TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES. (…it’s not just an opportunity, it’s an expectation…)
Click here for the location on the webpage.
- First Responder/Remote Care and CPR
- Advanced/Wilderness First Aid and CPR
- Fast Start – online
- This is Scouting – online
- Youth Protection – online
- Troop Committee Challenge - online
- Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (T-ITOLS-204-2010_0430): 4/30/2010 5 PM - 5/1/2010 5 PM
If you want to have an email address ADDED to the list, simply send any email to email@example.com from the account where you wish to receive the emails and your email will be added.
If you want to STOP receiving troop emails, just send an email FROM THE ACCOUNT YOU WANT DROPPED to firstname.lastname@example.org and that address will be dropped from the list.
Scoutmaster, Troop 737
Home: (303) 816 9207
Cell: (720) 318 2219
P Please consider the environment before printing this email