Weekly Post, December 15, 2013
Post date: Dec 16, 2013 12:35:26 AM
Hello Troop 737,
I have not had a report from the Lock In but I bet everyone had a great time. Thanks to Mike O’Connor for HALOing this event. HALO Head Adult Leader Organizer.
Remember this Monday night is the Holiday party/game night and all Parents and Siblings are invited. Come celebrate the season with other scout families by playing board games and having a great time. Please bring a snack/dessert to share.
Hey Scouts, remember in December we are raffling off the knife seen below. Make sure you come and earn your raffle tickets!
Here is a list of upcoming events:
· December 16 Troop Meeting 6:30 – 8pm Holiday Party/Game night Service patrol is the Sharks. Please show up 15 minutes early to help set up. All parents and siblings are welcome. Come celebrate the season and have some fun playing board games.
· January 6 Patrol Leader’s Council. 6:30 – 8pm All scout leaders are expected to come and plan the next month’s activities. NOTE: This is a couple of days before school starts but the PLC thought it was a good idea to have our meeting.
Other important dates:
· March 23 – 29 Spring Break Arches Family Campout We have reserved a group site in Arches National Park. This is a tent only campground that will accommodate 35 campers.
· June 19 – July 3 Philmont If you have signed up for Philmont, the first and second payments are due now. We still do have room so if you are at all interested, please sign up or contact me or Mr. Riley. Philmont is one of the premier scouting events of any scout’s career. All of the scouts and adults who went last time had an awesome time and highly recommend that everyone should take advantage of this opportunity. Troop 737 was VERY lucky to get a chance to go again so quickly. There is a very good chance that if you are 14 or older, you may not get another chance to go Philmont. If cost is an issue, please contact me and we will see what we can work out.
· Probable dates for summer camps:
o July 6 – 12 Camp Dietler and Peaceful Valley Colorado
o July 19 – 27 Camp Island Park in Idaho