Weekly Post, August 25, 2013
Post date: Aug 26, 2013 2:01:38 AM
I just got back from an awesome Annual Parents potluck meeting. Thanks to all who came and signed up to help the troop. This is going to be a great year! If you were not able to make it to tonight’s meeting but would like to help with your son’s Scouting experience please contact me or Michael Johnson, the Committee Chair.
Here we go! Our first regular scout meeting is this Monday night at 6:30. All parents are encouraged to come at 8 pm for circle time. This is when pertinent information and announcements about upcoming events are announced.
· August 26 First Troop Meeting of the year. Service patrol is the Titans. Pleas show up 15 minutes early to help set up. We will do a scout skills relay. This will also be the only time that you can sign up got the Labor Day Weekend Backpacking trip. All first year scouts are welcome but the must be accompanied by an adult. We will be doing campout prep near the end of the meeting. Adults who are planning on coming will also need to attend this meeting.
· August 30 – September 2 Labor Day Weekend backpacking trip HALO Mr. Riley We will be leaving early on Saturday morning and returning sometime Monday afternoon. The plan is to go on an 11 mile loop up on Weston pass in South Park. This is the same trip that Mr. Wickham did for one of his scoutmaster invitational backpacking trips. All scouts are welcome but all first year scouts will need to be accompanied by an adult. Campout prep will be this Monday, August 26th.
· September 2 No Meeting Labor Day
· September 9 Advancement. Service patrol is the Titans. Pleas show up 15 minutes early to help set up. Merit badges to be offered: Citizenship in the Community, Environmental science, American business, Geology and Computers along with Programing.
· September 16 Meet at Flying J Ranch, Service patrol is the Titans. Pleas show up 15 minutes early to help set up. Capture the Flag along with some other fun activities. We will also be doing campout prep for the Denver Area Council Camporee.
· September 20 – 22 Denver Area Council Camporee. This year will be up at Ft Lupton with a Mountain Man theme. This should be a lot of fun. More information to follow.
Exciting news!! We have signed up for 2 crews to go to Philmont June 20 – July 2 of next summer. This is considered one of the best trips of any scout’s career. If there is any way you, scouts and adults, can go on this trip I would encourage you to start planning on it now. Reminder, a youth must be 14 years of age OR 13 years of age and completed the 8th grade. I am still accepting names at email@example.com on a first come first serve basis.
REMINDER: Some of you are still using my old email address, Please use firstname.lastname@example.org for all scout emails. Thank you.