Weekly Post; August 21, 2011
Post date: Aug 22, 2011 4:37:57 PM
Greetings Troop 737! Wow, what a great parent BBQ last evening. I want to thank all the parents that came to support the troop, particularly those of you that volunteered to help this year. We have virtually every line filled on the HALO sign up sheet, and a very good start on ASMs, and Committee Member sign up also. If you haven't signed up, please find a way to help, especially when asked. It is everyone's responsibility to volunteer at least some time to this all volunteer organization. We promise to make your time rewarding and as fun as possible.
I will post the HALO sign up sheet on the web shortly, please look for it.
Believe it or not, I am still receiving emails at my old wispertel.net email address. Please switch to using my new email address that I use for Scouts: email@example.com. I assure you all that it works!!
- I have to mention the GROVE Sale again. This was a big success thanks to all the scouts and adults from Troop 737! The church has posted a big thank you sign near our 100 Eagles Plaque in our meeting room. You should all feel proud to be part of this troop and for giving of your time like you did. Good Job 737!
- Congratulations to Ryan Johnson on his attaining the rank of Eagle Scout. He has been added to our Eagles Nest, and is having his Eagle Court of Honor on September 11, at 2 PM at the Indian Hills Christian Fellowship Church. Please see the separate email that Mr and Mrs Johnson sent and RSVP right on of that email.
- Congratulations also to Alexander Wood for his accomplishment on completing his OA Brotherhood and to Mitch Hoffman and Nick Mizenko on completing their Ordeal.
- Now the bad news: Every scout and scouter in the troop will have to fill out the BSA National Health form ASAP. The council and district will no longer accept the older Colorado From. I will attach the current form to this posting for your use. I will let Tom Smith give you all the details, but just know this, you do not have to go out and get a physical right away if you are not due. For activities less then 72 hours, you can fill out and sign Part A.
Sign up Deadlines:
- Mountain Bike Day Trip (if we have it) - August 29the Meeting - No Cost
- Troop Garage Cleanup - August 29th Meeting - No Cost, lunch provided by your adult leaders.
- Timberline District Shooting Sports Camporee - August 29th Meeting - $38 to cover shooting, food and transportation.
- Wilderness Survival Backpack Camp Out - September 26th Meeting - $ TBD
The service patrol for August will be determined by the PLC during our first meeting on August 22.
Scoutmaster Invitational: Will be reschedule in some form, later in the autumn.
August 22 at 6:30 PM: Our first of the year PLC: Troop leaders please show up in your class As and let's get planning the first month or two of program. I will contact our SPL and start the phone tree.
August 29 at 6:30 PM: Our first troop meeting for the year: I will not post every troop meeting, but I will ask you to reference the troop calendar. Our first meeting will be to share some photos and stories of our two summer camps this year. There will also be many announcements so you are not going to want to miss this one.
September 3: I have a scheduled Mountain Biking Day trip on the calendar: I have no details but I think I know who the HALO is and will contact him to see if this is a go or not. Last day to sign up will be our first meeting.
September 8 at 6:30 PM: Assistant & Scout Master meeting followed at 7 PM by the Committee meeting
September 10: Trailer and Garage Cleanup: This is a service project to ourselves. Let's pitch in, clean up and organize our gear for the coming year. Lunch will be purchased and cooked by adult volunteers. This counts as service hours! Exact time will be determined by your PLC and be posted as soon as I have them. Plan on morning to mid afternoon. Mr Summar is the HALO for this activity and he will provide us with details shortly.
September 16 through 18: Timberline District Shooting Sports Camporee: I have just posted a bunch of details on this event, so please go to the calendar and read up on it. An important note is that we are eligible for advanced registration if we get our payment in by September 1, so the last day to sign up is also our first meeting. The cost of this campout is $18 each participant for participation and shooting, and $20 for food. Mr McCabe is the HALO for this campout.
September 19: Our first Court of Honor for the year. Details will be planed by your PLC, but you don't want to miss all the awards earned over the summer.
Please make sure that you keep an eye on the calendar and your emails, and I will see you soon.