Weekly Post, April 26, 2010
Post date: Apr 26, 2010 1:43:43 AM
Greetings Scouts, Scouters, and Parents,
Monday, April 26, Patrol Leader's Council. No troop meeting. PLC is for Patrol Leaders (or assistant Patrol Leaders), SPL, ASPLs, Scribe, and Webmaster only. Regular time. Bring your notebooks. LAST NIGHT TO SIGN UP FOR NEW SCOUT CAMPOUT.
Saturday - Sunday, May 7-8. New Scout Campout, Fort Lupton. All new scouts to attend to work toward Tenderfoot. This is a great event full of advancement, camping, and learning. Please plan on attending. Parents welcome. All new scouts attend Saturday and Sunday. All trainers and older scouts Friday night till Sunday.
- New Scouts - Meet at ELC 0700 Saturday morning. Bring your book.
- Trainers - Six trainers only. Indicate "Staff" when signing up. Meet at ELC Friday, 5:30 pm.
- Canoers - We will have a canoe trip on the South Platte for older scouts. You will need to sign up for this. Seating is limited.
- Other scouts - You are welcome, of course. You will be doing a day-long service project.
July 31 Centennial Celebration. This looks cool. The Colorado Rapids and the Boy Scouts announced a special engagement on July 31 at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America. All participating Boy Scouts in this truly unique event will arrive at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park the morning of July 31 prepared for a full day of activities, beginning with a special tour and programming in the Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Refuge and on Dick’s Sporting Goods Park’s fields complex. Scouts will then have the opportunity to witness a Colorado Rapids home match, as they move inside the stadium to cheer on the Rapids during the club’s regular season match against FC Dallas. Following the game, scouts will be treated to a special nationwide broadcast as the stadium’s RapidsVision joins in live to A Shining Light Across America from the Centennial Celebration Show from the 100th Anniversary National Scout Jamboree in Fort AP Hill, Virginia. Check it out.
CRITICAL DEADLINES AND SIGNUPS - These are in the troop calendar and, as a reminder, in Announcements. Please see announcements.
UPCOMING - Click here for the current Troop Calendar.
ADULT TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES. (…it’s not just an opportunity, it’s an expectation…)
Click here for the location on the webpage.
- First Responder/Remote Care and CPR
- Advanced/Wilderness First Aid and CPR
- Fast Start – online
- This is Scouting – online
- Youth Protection – online
- Troop Committee Challenge - online
- Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (T-ITOLS-204-2010_0430): 4/30/2010 5 PM - 5/1/2010 5 PM
Scoutmaster, Troop 737
Home: (303) 816 9207
Cell: (720) 318 2219