Weekly Post, April 24, 2011
Post date: Apr 24, 2011 11:08:19 PM
Rescheduling. A few thing have been reschedule in May, so please take a minute to read on.
Geocaching. Thanks to Keenan W. who scheduled, organized, and ran the geocaching this weekend. I hope the weather didn’t dampen the fun.
Phone Tree. Thanks for the continued feedback on the phone tree. Funny how errors are best revealed when you hit the send button. I have uploaded the most recent one to the website.
Summer Camp. A few items from our summer camp Head Adult Leader Organizer (HALO) Assistant Scoutmaster Bart Sperry, email@example.com, 303-435-28941. All new scouts should be going on this. It is a great way to bang our the requirements toward First Class rank and work on merit badges. Badges? We need dos stinkin badges!
2. We have a few meetings set up just for summer camp. The first is June 6 (at the regular troop meeting time) just for parents The second on June 13 is for both the scouts AND their parents.
3. A current Colorado State Medical Form will be required for summer camp, NO other forms will be accepted by the camp!!! I have attached a copy of the form. Mr. Hoffman sent out an email on February 26th with a summary of health form status on file with the troop. (Health forms are good for 2 years for scouts and 1 year for adults).
4. Adults going to camp are required to be current on Youth Protection Training. This is an easy 30 minute online course. If you do not have printed proof of Youth Protection Training good ahead and retake it. It is relatively painless. http://olc.scouting.org/index.html
5. A few adults have asked about staying at camp. I would like to start collecting a list of names and days that adults are interested in staying. Let me know if you would like to stay the whole week or half week and if you have a preference for first half or second half. Remember it is also an option to just drive down for Friday dinner, camp fire and spend the night ($5/meal and $10/night fee).
6. A heads up on refunds. There is a $50 deposit per scout that is non refundable. If you cancel 30 days before camp you can receive $160 back and up to two weeks before the trip you will receive $80 back.
April Service Patrol – Serpents. Please show up 15 minutes early to set up for the troop meeting, and plan on staying an extra 15 minutes to help clean up.
April 25, 2011 Monday 6:30 – 8:30, ELC, Troop Meeting. Advancement Night. This will include the Pioneering Merit Badge session as well as the Golf Merit Badge. For the golf merit badge, we will have a Josh Miller from GolfTEC (17120 West Colfax Ave, Suite 108, Golden, CO 80401, (303) 278-3589) who will be leading Merit Badge class and golf clinics. In addition to the advancement night bits, Mr. Miller will be offering (2) 90 minute golf clinics at a golf range. Date and location to be determined. Cost is $50.00 per Scout. Signup sheet in binder.
May Service Patrol – Nuclear Flaming Eagles. Please show up 15 minutes early to set up for the troop meeting, and plan on staying an extra 15 minutes to help clean up. You guys have been doing a great job!!
May 2, 2011 Monday 6:30 – 8:30, ELC, Troop Meeting. New Scout Campout Prep. We will be preparing for New Scout Campout. This will include meal planning, a trainer meeting. All attendees please help plan for the weekend. Outdoor leadership activities will include leadership training.
May 9, 2011 Monday 6:30 – 8:00, ELC (May move to Wulff Rec Center) is not a regular troop meeting. It is attended by the PLC only, which is SPL, ASPLs, PLs (or APL is PL cannot attend), and Scribe must attend. Webmaster should attend if there are suggestions/comments on the website to pass along to the PLC. Please bring your planning materials, a pen, etc. Also please check the last PLC calendar entry for previous commitments.
Summer Camp and Ely Boundary Waters Swim Check. Going to summer camp? Need a swim check. We’re trying to schedule this to follow the PLC at the Wulff Rec Center on May 9. Stay tuned for details.
May 7-8, 2011. Saturday - Sunday. New Scout Campout, Fort Lupton. All new scouts to attend to work toward Tenderfoot. This is a great event full of advancement, camping, and learning. Please plan on attending. Parents welcome. We’ll be having another (becoming famous) pig roast. Andy S. is also planning his Eagle Project at the campout. All new scouts attend Saturday and Sunday. All trainers and older scouts Friday night till Sunday.
· New Scouts - Meet at ELC 0700 Saturday morning. Bring your book!!!!
· Trainers - Six trainers only. Indicate "Staff" when signing up. Meet at ELC Friday, 5:30 pm.
· Other scouts - You are welcome, of course. You will be doing black powder shooting and the Eagle Project
As a reminder, Andy W. is heading a committee to plan the campfire program. Stags to organize + select few.
May 14, 2011 10 – 4?, ELC, Eagle Project - Graham P.
What: Fire Mitigation project (clearing dead trees, ladder fuels, slash, etc..)
Graham needs your help so please save the date on your calendar. More details to follow on tools and food and so on...
Place: Conifer Community Park at Beaver Ranch, 11369 S. Foxton Rd, Conifer 80433
RESCHEDULED: May 16, 2011 6:30 – 8:30, ELC, Court of Honor. Masters of Ceremony are Ian S. and Zach B. this will be a Star Wars theme, so start making your aluminum foil hats today. Food assignments to follow after next PLC. This was rescheduled from the 23rd. Please be prepared to warmly welcome your next Scoutmaster at the court of honor – Mr. Cary Hoffman.
RESCHEDULED: May 23, 2011 6:30 – 8:30, ELC, Sports Night. Marshdale ball fields. Details to be worked out. Scout in charge is Andy W. Switch on calendar with COH.
RESCHEDULED: June 4. 2011 10 AM to 2 PM. Annual planning meeting. Alderfer Three Sisters picnic area. All scouts strongly encouraged to attend. All leadership positions are expected to attend. http://co.jefferson.co.us/openspace/openspace_T56_R5.htm. Mr. Wickham to bring planning materials. SPL to bring assembled ideas from patrols. Lunchtime picnic will include the food assignments to be determined at the next PLC. This was rescheduled from the May 21 because of a conflict with Conifer High School Graduation.
Stay tuned for details on Summer Camp, Ely boundary waters trip, and a rafting trip being planned for June. Cool beans.
Scoutmaster, Troop 737 - The Mountain Troop
(720) 318 2219