Weekly Post, April 2, 2010
Post date: Apr 4, 2010 10:01:23 PM
Greetings Scouts, Scouters, and Parents,
Monday, April 5. Troop Meeting. Alpine Search and Rescue Center in Evergreen. http://www.alpinerescueteam.org/ You will need to go directly there for the meeting, not ELC. Regular time. Meet at and pick up at the Alpine Rescue. Address below. Dress in Class A's but dress warmly. Regular time. (This is the NOT the search and rescue night we will be having as a troop to fulfill the E-Prep merit badge requirements. That is on April 19.) Address is:
Across the highway from El Rancho restaurant by the RTD park and ride
28802 Rainbow Hill Rd.
Golden, CO 80401
Thursday, April 8. Timberline District Roundtable. Scheduled for April 1 has been rescheduled to April 8. The calendar will be updated once I can figure out how to change a recurring event. At this Roundtable, they will be holding Merit Badge Counselor training. This training is now required of ALL merit badge counselors. This will be a great opportunity for 737’s MB counselors to get the training and to get an introduction to Roundtable. Car-pool. Also that night at Roundtable they'll be holding a session on “Life to Eagle.” It’s designed for both the L2E advisor in the troop, and for all Life Scouts.
Monday, April 12 Troop Meeting. Advancement. Scout Skills for new scouts taught by older scouts without merit badges. Time permitting, paper airplane contest.
Monday April 19, Troop meeting. The troop will be holding a search and rescue night to satisfy the 8a and 8b requirements of the Emergency Preparedness Merit Badge. These include:
- a) Prepare a written plan for mobilizing your troop when needed to do emergency service. If there is already a plan, explain it. Tell your part in making it work.
- b) Take part in at least one troop mobilization. Before the exercise, describe your part to your counselor. Afterward, conduct an "after-action" lesson, discussing what you learned during the exercise that required changes or adjustments to the plan.
Those who need these requirements need to complete part a AND participate in planning this activity. We will be conducting a MOCK search and rescue for a lost scout in the woods, so dress warmly and bring flashlights.
CRITICAL DEADLINES AND SIGNUPS - These are in the troop calendar and, as a reminder, in Announcements. Please see announcements.
UPCOMING - Click here for the current Troop Calendar.
ADULT TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES. (…it’s not just an opportunity, it’s an expectation…)
Click here for the location on the webpage.
- First Responder/Remote Care and CPR
- Advanced/Wilderness First Aid and CPR
- Fast Start – online
- This is Scouting – online
- Youth Protection – online
- Troop Committee Challenge - online
- Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (T-ITOLS-204-2010_0430): 4/30/2010 5 PM - 5/1/2010 5 PM
Scoutmaster, Troop 737
Home: (303) 816 9207
Cell: (720) 318 2219