Weekly Post, April 17, 2011
Post date: Apr 18, 2011 2:19:46 AM
· A super thanks to Mr. McLean, Mr. Daub, and ALL the scouts who chipped in to help make the Scout Show Dutch Oven Cooking a great day and good showing. My vote was for the blueberry cobbler. Although the peach cobbler was good also. Then again, there was the chocolate cherry…
· Ely Boundary Water Trip (High adventure) this summer - we have one scout opening on Mr. B’s crew AND there is a crew of 4 Scouts from T888 and Mr. Thompson and his son that needs 1 more adult and one more scout.. bottom line… need 3 = 2 scouts and 1 adult. See Mr. B if you have questions.
· Thanks also for everyone who helped me fine tune the phone tree. See the Member's Only Section for the latest Phone Tree.
April Service Patrol – Serpents. Please show up 15 minutes early to set up for the troop meeting, and plan on staying an extra 15 minutes to help clean up.
April 18, 2011 6:30 – 8:30, ELC, Troop Meeting. New Scout Physical Fitness/Music Night. 1/4 mile run (30 days check) and Music Night. Pullups, situps, pushups, etc. (Tenderfoot requirements). Scouts in charge: Andy, Andrew, and Ben. Bring your sneakers and instruments. MCs are Zach B and Andrew M. Surprise uniform inspection (only for those who don’t read your emails!)
April 25, 2011 6:30 – 8:30, ELC, Troop Meeting. Advancement Night. This will include the Pioneering Merit Badge session as well as the Golf Merit Badge. For the golf merit badge, we will have a Josh Miller from GolfTEC (17120 West Colfax Ave, Suite 108, Golden, CO 80401, (303) 278-3589) who will be leading Merit Badge class and golf clinics. In addition to the advancement night bits, Mr. Miller will be offering (2) 90 minute golf clinics at a golf range. Date and location to be determined. Cost is $50.00 per Scout. Signup sheet in binder.
May 2, 2011 6:30 – 8:30, ELC, Troop Meeting. New Scout Campout Prep. We will be preparing for New Scout Campout. This will include meal planning, a trainer meeting. All attendees please help plan for the weekend. Outdoor leadership activities will include leadership training.
Saturday - Sunday, May 7-8. New Scout Campout, Fort Lupton. All new scouts to attend to work toward Tenderfoot. This is a great event full of advancement, camping, and learning. Please plan on attending. Parents welcome. We’ll be having another (becoming famous) pig roast. Andy S. is also planning his Eagle Project at the campout. All new scouts attend Saturday and Sunday. All trainers and older scouts Friday night till Sunday.
· New Scouts - Meet at ELC 0700 Saturday morning. Bring your book!!!!
· Trainers - Six trainers only. Indicate "Staff" when signing up. Meet at ELC Friday, 5:30 pm.
· Other scouts - You are welcome, of course. You will be doing black powder shooting and the Eagle Project.
As a reminder, Andy W. is heading a committee to plan the campfire program. Stags to organize + select few.
Scoutmaster, Troop 737 - The Mountain Troop
(720) 318 2219