Updated Campout Schedule as of September 17, 2013
Post date: Sep 17, 2013 11:37:55 PM
Hello Troop 737,
As we suspected the Camporee has been rescheduled. Based on that change we have had to reschedule our Campouts for the next 2 months. Please see below or the updated Troop Calendar on our website. www.themountaintroop.org
· September 27 -29 Buffalo Creek Campout This is one of the BEST times to go camping in Colorado. The principal activity for this campout will be mountain bike riding. We will be working on the biking merit badge along with other merit badges like cooking, camping and other Trail to First Class requirements. There are various trails for all kinds of skill levels. If you do not have a mountain bike, let me know and we may be able to provide you with one. If you are not interested in biking there are some great hikes in the area. This event is within an hour of Evergreen so Scouts could go to other events and still participate in this awesome campout. NOTE: If you are familiar with this area and would be willing to be an assistant HALO for this event please contact me. Since we will only be having a PLC meeting before this Campout anyone who is interested in going on this awesome trip needs to email me. We will do formal sign up when we leave on Friday night.
· October 11 – 13 Timberline District Camporee. The theme for this year’s Camporee is "An 1860’s Frontier Village". Most of the activities will be themed around a Civil War and Mountain Man historical adventure. Pioneering, Indian Lore and associated activities are some of the most exciting and fun of the outdoor adventures in Scouting. The 2013 Fall Camporee will allow Scouts to test their Black Powder shooting skills, tomahawk throwing, and archery skills with other challenging events. This looks like lots of fun so sign up and join us!! If you have any Webelos or Cub Scouts they are welcome to come and visit for the day, but they must be accompanied by an adult.
· Scoutmaster Invitational Backpacking Trip Cancelled . The plan is to do something during the coming summer.
· October 26 Winter Camp Training 8am – 3pm This is a very important training for our new scouts. You must attend this training once if you want to go on any of our outdoor winter camping trips, which is November through March! This is true for adults also. Every year we are asked to bend on this policy but we have never made an exception. The Leadership Team feels that this training is essential for safety of scouts and adults. We also want to make sure everyone has a good winter camping experience.
· November 15 -17 Chatfield Reservoir Campout We will be hiking, biking, fishing and having a great time. Since this campout is so close, Scouts will be able to come and go. So, they can go to other activities like sporting events or band and come back to join us. There are very few good excuses for not coming to this campout. See you there!