July 25, 2013
Post date: Jul 30, 2013 10:42:41 PM
It is hard to believe that July is almost over. Troop 737 will be starting up in August. The calendar has been updated so take a look. Here is a list of upcoming events:
· August 14er Camping trip The planning group wanted to climb a 14er in August sometime. We talked about Mt Elbert, the tallest mountain in Colorado. It is a long hike, at least 10 miles round trip but it is fairly mellow. The plan was to go up on Friday night. Climb the peak on Saturday and come home Saturday night our Sunday. We need a HALO for this trip. I can help organize but I am tied up almost every weekend in August. Please contact me if you are interested HALOing this outing.
· August 5- 9 GROVE SALE This is the major fundraiser for our charter organization so I expect as many scouts as possible to participate. If you are in town you should be able to find a time to volunteer for a few hours. These will be community service hours for rank advancement. For more information see Mrs. Cline’s email.
· August 10 – 18 Sea Base It looks like everything is coming together. Have a great time and we look forward to hearing about your adventures.
· August 15th Assistant Scoutmaster and upcoming HALO’s meeting. 6:30 pm ELC All adults are welcome. We will review summer camp and go over the upcoming activities.
· August 15th Troop Committee meeting 7:15pm ELC All Adults are welcome. This is when the business of the Troop is discussed. There are quite a few open positions on the committee. Come see how you can help out.
· August 19 First day of school and Patrol Leader’s Council. All scout leaders are expected to come and plan the next month’s activities including our first Court of Honor.
· August 25 Annual Parent Meeting and Potluck. 4 pm at ELC Parents please join us to get to know some of the other parents, learn some more about Troop 737 and find out where you can help with your son’s scouting experience. REMINDER At least one parent from each family is expected to volunteer in some capacity for the Troop. There are plenty of tasks for all different kinds of skills. This is a boy led troop but parent involvement is one of the things that make Troop 737 a special organization. I look forward to seeing you at this event.
· August 30 – September 2 Labor Day Weekend backpacking trip Mr. Reilly is the HALO for this event and he is still working out the details. I am sure it will be a fun event. Look for more details in the future.